A delicious and easy way to enjoy the bounty of colorful squash from the summer garden!
Summer Squash Saute
- 1 small zucchini squash
- 1 small yellow crookneck squash
- 1 small light green pattypan squash
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium tomato or
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Slice squash, onion, tomato, and garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, add squash and onion saute for a few minutes, add tomato, garlic and basil.
- Continue to saute on high until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
- Don’t cook too long or squash will be mushy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.