Spring Asparagus Pasta
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 bunch tender asparagus, cut into short pieces
- I large leek, sliced
- 3 gloves garlic, diced
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 2 chicken thighs, cut off bones and cubed
- 1/ cup sour cream
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. brown mustard
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- chopped chives
- grated parmeson cheese
- Saute chicken in a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, toss with oil and cover with lid.
- Mix sour cream, lemon zest and juice, and brown mustard; whisk well.
- Heat oil on high in skillet. Saute leek, garlic, and asparagus until asparagus is just tender, but not mushy.
- Toss pasta, chicken, vegetables, and sauce together.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped chives and Parmesan cheese if desired.