This is a fun and tasty way to use the seeds from winter squash. Here are three different flavor options. There could be endless possibilities though; use your imagination!
Roasted Squash Seeds
- Pumpkin or Winter Squash Seeds
- Sweet: Honey, cinnamon, vanilla extract
- Savory: olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper
- Zingy: Peanut oil, soy sauce, ground ginger, chilli pepper flakes
- Scoop seeds out of squash or pumpkin. Rinse under running water.
- Soak seeds in a solution of 1/2 tsp salt per 1 cup water for a few hours. This will help remove the pulp.
- Rinse seeds again, rubbing gently to remove pulp.
- Spread seeds on a clean towel and allow to dry.
- Season the seeds as desired. Toss with the honey or oil first to help other seasonings stick.
- Place on a cookie sheet and roast at 300 degrees F. for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring them a few times. They will be done when golden brown.
- Enjoy as a snack or add to salads or soups.
Leave a Reply