This salad is perfect in the fall when fresh local pears are in season and arugula is at its best; nutty and mild. Try pairing this with a hearty soup and some good bread for a satisfying autumn dinner.
- 2- 3 large handfuls fresh arugula leaves
- 2 small sweet pears, such as Seckels
- 2-3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3-4 Tbsp. finely grated parmeson cheese
- Wash and dry arugula leaves thouroughly. In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Core and slice the pears. Toss all ingredients together just before serving.